I'm 40 and have sex once in awhile,maybe once in 3 to 5 months,what's my chance of getting pregnant?Also I should say my husband and me are on medicines that ruin our orgasisms,we don't feel them that much are they still potent?But do you think women in their 40's can get pregnant not having much sex?

I don't want to get pregnant,sorry but since you want to I would think you would know more about these things,since you are trying.I have a daughter,when I was 32 and I have a gene that said I wasn't able to have children,so there's hope for everyone.Any 40 yr. old women out there trying to concieve?When I did,we were having sex everyday or like it for 3 months and we had passion for eachother.I know of a woman who didn't have passion with her husband and they never concieved.Hoax or facts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Idk, but just so you know, how "potent" your orgasm is has nothing to do with getting pregnant. You don't even have to have an orgasm to get pregnant. Obviously he does, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i got pregnant at 42
    and had a beautiful healthy daughter
    if you have sex, yes, you can get pregnant
    at your age, you should already know this
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• if you have sex then yes you can get pregnant. Having sex every single day actually decreases your chance of getting pregnant. The fact is...Having "passion" for someone doesn't increase your chance of getting pregnant. Otherwise there would be no unfortunate pregnancies resulting from rape or other traumatic experiences. I realize you're 40 years old so I won't treat you or speak to you as a child but really...You should know better by now!

If you DONT Want a baby then he better wrap it up mama.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 2:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I know I can get pregnant at 40?I've heard countless stories of women who can't and I want to know of one who's 40 and are they trying really hard like having sex everyday or so, but now that I think of it,I should know when I'm fertile, I need to take a test for that and never have.My periods are irregular now coming every 15-20 days instead of 28 days,so making time for sex is extra stressful because we used to have a big time frame to do it and now I'm worried.The woman who couldn't have a baby was 40,so but thanks for the rape info that makes sense.My husband doesn't like condoms he says it hurts him,but I say screw you, getting a c-section hurt me!We are going to look into more comfortable condoms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2009