baby cries when put down

Help! My arms are starting to get sore!!! My 5 month old insists on being held most of the day. I want to eventually have a babysitter and I would also like time to be able to care for my family too. I don't know what to do. When I put her down she cries, and she will cry until I pick her up. What can I do???

mommabean445

Asked by mommabean445 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 3 week old is like that too i dont know what to do right now he is sleepn in my lap and the moment i set him in his bed he will cry. Sometimes i guess you can just try and tune them out with they are screaming. they will evenutally stop cryn i hope.....
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 1:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Do you have a carrier?... try wearing her, then your arms will be free. My dd is like this too. She is getting better now that she is learning to crawl

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 1:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Use a sling or a carrier. Your baby needs to feel secure.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• At 5 months, it's ok to start letting her cry a little. Set her down, get yoru chore done, go potty, etc., then come back. You'll be teaching her that even though you are away for a minute, you are coming back. Plus, you'll get that much needed break. I'm not saying let her cry for hours while you watch TV or something, but do get what need done w/o having to worry that you are hurting her. Eventually, she's understand and play alone a bit. I found putting my daughter in the high chair near the sink with a few toys helped while I was doing dishes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• either finding a carrier that your happy with, or finding some toys that entertain her well will solve your problem. If she likes her bouncy seat, put that in the room with you while your cleaning/organizing, whatever. Put on some music and let her watch you while you do stuff. It will keep her entertained. At this point its ok to let her cry a little, she needs to learn that even though your not ON HER.. your not leaving!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• my son did this too, he is doing better now, but if I leave the room he gets upset. I think the older they get the better it gets. My arms sure did hurt at the stage.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It is ok to let her cry a little. They eventually get used to it. ALso to keep her happy and your hands free you could try getting a sling or some sort of carrier.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 9:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• get her or him a swing then it will feel like they are in ur arms swaing
    naomi101

Answer by naomi101 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2009