How do you manage buying school cloths for 4 kids with little to no money..

I got 4 kids that I am having to buy school cloths for this year..problem is husband just went back to work at the job he had got laid off from and we are still catching up from all the bills we had before he had to take the lower paying job ...what is an affordable way to manage buying for 4 kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in

• Thrift stores, goodwill's, salvation army, yard sales, garage sales

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I am an expert....LOL...First of all, take inventory. Go through the closets and decide what still fits and what doesnt. If it fits, then put it in categories, such as winter, or spring. Most places, children can still wear shorts and t shirts to school. Dont feel like just because school is starting that they have to have fall clothes. Its too hot for jeans right now. Once youve done that, make a list of what they DO need and put it in priority list. Shoes, socks, underwear, ect. Get what you can and do the first things on the list first. As you go along, find deals here and there and by the time winter comes and its cold, you might could have picked up what they need. Do consignment stores, check out ebay, and even good will. If you will get into the habit of shopping off season you will stop having to make a mad dash every Aug for school clothes. Buy jeans in Feb, or march and you can get them at least half price.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Also I do have some clothes that I am selling on ebay and some that I am giving away. Theyre fine, but my kids have outgrown them. Let me know what size you need. Dont worry about winter things right now or anything long sleeved. Just deal with supplies, shoes and possibly shirts. Check out outlet malls too. Childrens Place has awesome sales.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yard sales and thrift shops. You could also ask for them on freecycle, it s a cool site where you gift things to others that you no longer need and don't want to throw away. It is totally free. You can make a post saying you are looking for example...Wanted Boy clothes Size 4t. Then if people have what you need they will email you and you can schedule a time to pick it up. Our city is having their annual clothing give away this weekend. Call your local chambers of commerse and see if they have anything like that. Good luck!

www.freecycle.org

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yard sales, goodwill, shop sales. Kohls is having a lot of clearance sales right now. 60-80% off the original price. You can get clothes for under $10 an item at Old Navy. Look for sales and clearance sales. I just bought 2 pair of shorts and 2 tank tops for under $30 today at Kohls.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I agree with the others; go to Goodwill, consignment/thrift stores, yard sales, or hit the clearance racks at other stores. I love to get great deals & can find great stuff shopping this way. Just the other day I went to Goodwill & got my kids some shorts for 99 cents ea. One pair was from Justice & one pair looked brand new from JcPenney; the others were just as nice. Recently at Goodwill I found lots of cute shirts & pants for only $1 something each. My girls love Justice & some of the items were from there; including a couple of shirts & a pair of jeans. My kids dress nice & all of their clothes come from yard sales, Goodwill, Once Upon a Child, or clearance racks from stores such as Kohls, JcPenney & Old Navy. You do not have to spend a lot if you go to the right places. Good luck!
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I have 5 kids and am constantly checking things out. If you can get a visa gift card you can get some real deals online at Gap, Children's place, and Gymborree right now. YOu can get one at just about any grovery store.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The childrens place currently has a awesome deal now where you can get some really good deals. I would also go to any consignment stores you have near you or shop at outlet malls. Ebay is another option.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:08 PM on Aug. 11, 2009