• In the Spotlight:

do you believe the term "Once a cheater, Always a cheater"?

rather you love the person you cheat on or not

ambermac

Asked by ambermac at 1:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• well honestly.......if my hubby ever cheated on me i would never trust him again nor would i ever be able to forgive him......i think if u can do it once then there's nothing stopping u from doing it again.......once a cheater....always a cheater
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 1:15 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I think it depends on the type of cheater. If it's a person who has always cheated, then yes, they're not going to change. If it was a situation that just got out of control then no, those people can and do quit when they get into a real committed relationship.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• not always true... but if I got cheated on I wouldnt be able to forgive him
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• This could also be asked if he abuses you will he ever change?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Cheating is an emotional need not being met & usually not recognized conscientiously. It doesnt always stem from a lacking home life even though its often blamed. Although boundaries need to be set, controlled and respected especially if its going to hurt another person. If your going to act single...then stay single, dont knowingly deliberately hurt another person that you know cares about you. Thats wrong on so many levels...sometimes to the point of non-recovery.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 1:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• no

Answer by admckenzie at 2:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• This guy I know-kinda my boyfriend, kinda not type situtaion, cheated on his wife. He then cheated on one of his girlfriends with me. To clarify, I didn't even know him when he was married and he's been divorced for two years. Do I think he's going to cheat on me? Nope. It is harder to trust him, but I don't think he is/will cheat on me. In both situations, i know that him and his wife were having problems and were separated. This girlfriend was just plain nuts. He tried to leave her many times but she was crazy and begged and all that junk. I think if you give someone a reason to cheat, then they are going to. If your not showing your partner love, their going to get it from someone who will give them what you need.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• nope.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I AM NOT REALLY SURE IF THE TERMS APPLIES TO EVERYONE, ALL I KNOW IS THAT I DO NOT TOLERATE CHEATING IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, MY PARTNERS HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THIS SO, CHEATINGTHEY KNOW IS A NO NO, SO IF THEY CHEAT THEY ARE OUT!

Answer by older at 3:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Sadly, I do believe that if you are cheater that given the opportunity to do it again, you will. Does not mean you will get the chance to again, I just think that you will if you felt like you would not get caught again.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2009