What do you guys think of this?

http://www.aclj.org/news/Read.aspx?ID=1904

No bashing please : )

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 1:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, I find that the general consensus amongst cafemommers is that they want their children to know and experience all sorts of faiths, beliefs, and religions so that they may choose their own path. Having said that, wouldnt this simply fall into that category? If a child is given their own choices to make, shouldnt they be able to hear all theories and sides of the story? That would be fair. Youre not talking about 5 yr olds here. It stated 9th graders. Thats plenty old enough to hear both sides and decide. My kids go to christian school, so obviously they arent taught evolution anyway, but even while they were in public school, its never been on my list of peeves. My kids know what we believe and nothing taught at school has ever changed our minds.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I think the kid should be allowed to share his opinion.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 1:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I dont agree with it at all, I dont even agree with the schools teaching evolution.
    BakingForFun

Answer by BakingForFun at 1:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i dont think ID should be taught in public schools, unless its in an elective class that not all students have to take. Science class is for the scientific theories behind the start of the earth not religious theories. merely mentioning ID shouldn't be a problem though.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Necro, yeah all they are doing is saying that there are other theories out there. But I do disagree with you on one thing, ID is not a religious theory; it is a scientific theory.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• If they are to teach that evolution is a theory then ID should be taught the same way. Let the children decide for themselves which they want to believe!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Ok, if ID and Evolution should be taught, then what about ALL the other religious "theories" about how the earth and life started? Shouldn't they ALL be taught too then??? And wouldn't that take up way too much time?
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• metalcowgirl34- thats exactly what I was thinking Evolution is like a religion so how can schools be permitted to teach that we come from monkeys but can not teach that we came from God? Its just a crazy world!!
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 4:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• ID is not a religious theory!!!

It is science based!!!!
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 5:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2009