Are the dems losing it?

The Dems are losing it big time. In this a dem rep. yells at a doctor and accuses him of being a plant. There is video at the link.

Georgia Democrat yells at local doctor over health care By Amanda Carpenter on Aug. 8, 2009 into The Back Story
SubscribeTensions are running so high at town hall meetings that Rep. David Scott, a Georgia Democrat, yelled at a local doctor concerned about health care after mistaking him for an "astroturf" political operative looking for a fight.

Mr. Scott became visibly agitated when one of his constituents, a practicing doctor, asked a few questions about health care reform during a town hall meeting. The meeting was held to discuss a road project, but was opened up for questions near the end. That's when Dr. David Hill stood up to speak.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 1:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Dr. Hill asked Mr. Scott why he was going to vote for a health care plan similar to that implemented in Massachusetts "that is shown not to work" and if he supported a government-provided health care insurance option.

The congressman replied by accusing the doctor of "hijacking" his event.

"I'm listening to my constituents, OK?" Scott said, "These are people who live in the 13th Congressional district, who vote in this district. That’s who I’ve got to respond to … So what you’ve got to understand, those of you who are here, who have taken and came and hijacked this event we dealing with here, this is not a health care event."

"You chose to come and to do it on your own," he yelled. "Not a single one of you had the decency to call my office and set up for a meeting." He went on, in a threatening voice, "You want a meeting with me on health care, I'll give it to you!"

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• The outburst is yet another example of how confrontational town hall meetings have become over recent weeks, as constituents are becoming more forthright in asking their elected representatives challenging questions. These actions and other forms of protest have been encouraged by limited government advocacy groups opposed to the stimulus package, the Democrats favored health care reforms and other big spending government proposals.

tnmomofive

• The White House has labeled these efforts "astroturf", shorthand for fake grassroots. To combat these efforts, groups supporting these plans — such as Service Employees International Employees Union — have been appearing at these town halls as well, effectively creating local "showdowns" between opposing political powers.

Mr. Scott's public tirade against the doctor was filmed by WXIA-TV News, a local NBC affiliate that confirmed the doctor lived in the congressman's district in a follow-up interview.

tnmomofive

• sure are. They are maybe starting to realize what's going on, and they can't believe their fearless leader could have misled them. Natural reaction in this case is to deny, deny, deny and defend, defend, defend. "We couldn't possibly have been wrong. So the majority of Americans must be wrong!"
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 1:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• The doctor told the reporters he wasn't working for any outside causes and had called Mr. Scott's office repeatedly, asking to speak with the congressman.

"I did not go to a meeting to create any problems, I went to the meeting to literally ask a question that I thought was very, very important for my patients," he said.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• tnmomofive

• Wow, and we're loony? Interesting. :)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I voted for Obama and several other dems... and i will say it loud and clear, I WAS WRONG!!!
    I DO NOT WANT THE GOV'T TAKING OVER HEALTHCARE AND MAKING MY CHOICES FOR ME!!!!
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 1:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Oh yeah, but they've already lost it, lol. Heaven forbid they're actually questioned by someone. And you know what? Doesn't it show them something about the people who supposedly "hijack" these meetings? Maybe they're the ones who will be voting in the future, not the ones just sitting home on their butts eating everything the politicians are feeding them.
    Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 1:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I'm thoroughly enjoying the show watching them unravel at the seams. What did they expect?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2009