Are you proud you have your kids?

I am. I'm 22 with a 14 month old and proud to have him. I get all kinds of comments on how I should have waited. It gets on my nerves and actually offends me when people tell me "Well you should have waited to have him but it's too late now." So please tell me, did you get any comments like that?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• F#$@ ppl who say that!! their just jelous...they need to get a life seriously!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• No, but I was 31 when my oldest was born.
    Ive had some who questioned me not having them earlier but I pay them no mind. Their words dont affect my life and its not worth letting them upset or piss me off.

Oh and yes, Im proud to have my 3 lil guys.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I'm pregnant with my first and my SOs family says we should have waited. I'm 20 and this pregnancy wasn't planned so I'm not sure how they expected me to wait on something that happened unexpectedly. It's annoying but I wouldn't take any of it back. It's my life, I'm happy and I am and will be VERY proud to have my daughter.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I was 29 when my daughter was born, so I don't get any comments like that either. I am super proud of my beautiful little angel.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• yes i got that all the time! i was 22 when i got pregnant with my dd (a month after dh & i got married) and had her when i was 23, alot of ppl told me to wait but i wanted a baby then, i didn't want to wait (neither did my dh) and i'm 26 now and expecting baby # 2 any day now
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes I'm 24 and not married, but we plan to get married eventually. We have a 5 mon old daughter and when I was pregnant, this bitchy aunt I have told me how disappointed in me she was, how I should've gone to school first, how hard my life is going to be now, etc. And we were at my grandparents' 60th anniversary party so it was no place to tell her off so I just went in a bathroom and cried. That hurt.
    But, she's always like that with everyone, thinks she's better than everyone.
    I love my SO, love my DD, and am extremely proud of her and proud to have her.
    And we just might have 1 more, even before we get married :)
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 1:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Oh don't let mean comments get to you! I was 19 when my first DD Was born! I had NO Family, No one to care, Help, Any Friends or A Much Welcomed hoped for Baby Shower. nothing! It was Hard!! Now mind you if you were older then you'd have heard other nasty comments too!! I'm still with my DH!! My DD's Are now 29 & 25!! My DD's Are My Life, My World, My pride & Joy! Since I was A Stolen Baby I had NO Family! they were it! My oldest DD is A Talent Beautiful Artist! She put herself through College. Bought her own Braces Etc.. A Hardworker! Has many Student loans but pays her Bills! Donates more than she can to Good Causes! Is A Newlywed & has 2 Step Teen Sons! My Youngest DD is 25. She's Pregnant with her 3rd Baby! Hopefully A Girl! But just so she's Healthy & is the Baby. And if it can be Full term another miracle! My DH & I. We're jobless! I have miserable HealthThe new Daddy to be.. is also unemployed. but we're Rich in Pride!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I had my son at 20, and I never got any of those comments. But when I have 18-19 yr olds tell me they want a baby, I tell them to think long and hard about it. Not to rush into it. That children are a huge responsibility. I love my son and wouldnt give him up for anything, but sometimes I wish I had waited a few years.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i had my son when i was 24 and all i ever heard from his family is "that we needed to get busy and have some kids". i'm very proud of my son which is 13 yr now. hes my life and i wouldnt give him up for anything.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• When I was pregnant with both of my girls, no one was happy to hear the news but their father and me. At that point I said to hell with what other people thought. My girls are the best things that have ever happened to me and I'll be damned before someone makes me feel badly for having them. As long as you feel happy, don't worry about what others think. Enjoy your son and being a mother. It's the best thing in life.
    devoted_mom

Answer by devoted_mom at 10:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2009