To help soften my babies stools my dr. recommended using prune juice. Do I feed her this instead of her usual bottle? Or do I keep feeding her the formula and in between feedings give her 2 ounces of watered down prune juice? Also, do I feed it to her cold or at room temperature?

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give the juice in between feedings

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My doctor always had me add a little bit of apple juice to their bottles.

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I'd say in between, an ounce or two.

If you are happy with the prune juice solution, feel free to ignore the rest of my post.

I'd question that though, depending on her age. If she's like, under 6 mos, I might stay away from juice. Are her stools dry too, and pellet like? How hard? Any diet changes lately?

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I don't know how old she is, but they also make prunes as baby food.. you could give her some during a regular feeding. Otherwise I'd go with the docs recommendation.

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• We did juice between feedings when we needed it.

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 9:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2009