How Can You Nicely Tell A Neighbor To Go Away?

I have a neighbor that just moved into the Apt. Complex about a month or so ago and she has made me & my next door neighbor her new best friends. She comes over everyday and sometimes even multiple times. She will often invite herself in and all of these visits are unannounced and often are even at meal times. I have nothing against this woman except the fact that she is an over-bearing and smothering kind of friend. I see this woman more than I see my best friend and family members. And I even work with my best friend. I like my neighbor and think she's nice and I know that she's new to the area, but I really DON'T need company everyday & multiple times a day. I have a 4 (almost 5) yr old to tend to and my own things to do. You know what I mean?

neonds13

Asked by neonds13 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• LOL YES I KNOW EXACTLEY WHAT YOU MEAN...Just tell her "sorry, i'm busy at the moment" or Just dont even answer the door act like you were taking a shower or taking a nap....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Tell her u r a lil busy if she can come back tomorrow around (enter time) that u would love to chat with her.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Just tell her straight up that you need some space. I was just like said neighbor when I was living in a dorm at college. I was from michigan and going to school in upstate New York where most of the kids already knew each other from high school. I started going to this girl's dorm almost every night to hang out. I didnt even realize that I was being annoying until my neighbor kindly asked me if she could have some space and to be alone for the night and said "no offense" a lot. I was surprised and it kinda stung a little but I realized that I was probably just crowding her. I stopped going over as much and waited until she would call me or come over to my room. We were still friends after that.

Then I got to be on the other end of the stick when I moved into a house with my hubby. We had the worst neighbors EVER! They were horrible and we moved because of them!!
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 1:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Sorry Lol that is just funny ,, Love ya sister , I have no clue when you find out let me no please . I have a girl that just won't go away .. UGH .. so I am clueless on this one as my friend ..
    MommyJanice44

Answer by MommyJanice44 at 2:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Forgot to tell you , I tell her which it is true that we have a routine with Kyle and when the Phone rings or someone comes to my door it throws Kyle off . Which it does . So don't call let me call you and I have had to get kinda rude which is so not like me but ya know after awhile you have to honey .. Tell her that your son has been acting up that you are trying to get him into a daily routine but then when he is not home or at school that won't work . Shoot don't know sweetie .. good luck though
    MommyJanice44

Answer by MommyJanice44 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• man I wish I had a neighbor like this seriously I just moved to my house and no one has even introduced themselves no one socializes anymore and I only see my circle of firends like once every few mths im so lonely you can send her my way!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yeah, you are probably going to have to be harsh. I am sure you are sending the vibes and body language already, because its only natural... Some people just cant take a hint, you have to say it, bluntly and loudly, and sometimes more than once lol. Good luck!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I had a friend like that at school you just say when she comes to the door ask her if she could come back later and after a while I started to just tell her I was busy.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2009