LETTER FROM THE BOSS.....

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%. But since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off six of our employees instead. This has really been bothering me, since I believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go.

So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lot and found six 'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change; I gave it to them.

I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course, these so-called taxes and fees haven't even been proposed, much less passed. Silly. And anti-American to discriminate on the basis of political beliefs.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• old and lame
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I read this during the election.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Wow, been there - done that with this one already. Were you a Cafemom member when this was posted like oh...I don't know....months ago? This has been posted as
    A.) A Joke
    B.) A news story, and
    C.) a "real-life" situation like you posted as well.
    And if my response confused you, no it is not a multiple choice question I am asking you- I am just spreading the knowledge with you that your post has certainly been before.
    AND- If I was to guess, I would say that you are just another one of the many posters in the P&CE section that wants to make it known that you seriously disagree with Obama and all that is going on with the government today. My advise to you would be- You are never going to get your point across postings SOS posts while hiding behind the "ole Blue ?". Hmm. Good Luck!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Where's the question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Anyone see the post last night about Republicans not having a sense of humor?? Make joke about Obama or his followers and how do the Dems like it? Not one bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I (a conservative) do have a sense of humor after all!!! I think it's hilarious!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• LOL! I think it's pretty funny!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I think it is funny!
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 3:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• ROFLOL. I hadn't seen this one and I just sent it to my boss. The taxes and fees are very real. I work for a small business. We have 15 FT employees. We looked at health insurance and a family would have to pay $1,500/mo to participate. We all had the option to sign up. 100% of us declined. Now, because my boss pays over $250,000 per year in payroll, the Obama Administration does not consider her business a small business. Thus, since we do not have a health plan, she would have to pay an 8% penalty/fee/call it what you will on payroll. Does this sound fair?
    ThatTXMom

Answer by ThatTXMom at 3:25 PM on Aug. 9, 2009