What is the deal?

Just because we are born again believers are we not allowed to show and have thoughts of what is being shown to our children?
Or, are we just supposed to sit back and let the Worldly things enter into our homes ands demoralize our whole beliefs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why do Christians have to keep our beliefs and opinions "in our homes"? The schools, our government and society are pushing all the secular crap down ours and our children's throats every day... new age beliefs, pro abortion, the pro gay agenda and especially anything and everything that is anti-God. I as a Christian will not "keep it at home" I will invade my part of the world with the truth and love of God, just as I am commanded to do. And I will stand against the immorality that is running rampant in our country today. Until my dying day, I will do all I can to turn hearts back to the one and only true & living God.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Don't care what you do in your home. Just so long as you keep it in your home and don't try to expand that to OUR schools and OUR homes.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• You are in complete control of what happens in your home and what your children are subjected to. And outside of the house there are just somethings that you cannot save your children from. But if they share the same beliefs as you then they will be able to choose for themselves what they want to be around. Just because you are a born again believer doesn't mean that your children will be as well.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• You can keep "worldly things" out of your home but you can't keep your children out of the world!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I agree with notpanicking. Worldly things will enter homes anyway at some point in time. It is up to you if they "demoralize" your beliefs. My kids get real world experience because at some point they are going to leave my home. Better to prepare them for crazy nutjobs that are out there now than to shelter them so much they don't have a clue. Sorry if your beliefs are so weak they can be demoralized by a lesson in evolution or sex. my child doesn't necessarily agree with it, but she understands she must answer a test with the information given. That doesn't however stop her from adding "This is what you want to hear, but not what is actually fact." Don't know how many conferences that little stint got me. and she's only going into sixth grade.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• who is ordering you to connect your TV to cable? to turn to certain channels? no rights are being taken from you, just don't watch what you don't like, but don't seek to have the offererings restricted to suit your taste.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• LOL Beeky. I love that. Sooo true.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• 2 autistics, you have an awesome kid, and I hope you support her in that.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I agree with beeky, as usual =]

You can try all you want to shield your babies from the "World," but as soon as they turn 18 they BELONG to the world, not to you!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Blessed, you have no right to have books taken out of the library, shows taken off TV, etc, that I want to read or see. And the school system is not a tool for proselytizing.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2009