Anyone own a steam-mop?

I am going to buy a steam mop. Plan to use it on my laminate hard woods and kitchen tile.

Please share any pros or cons.

Looking at the Bissel and the Shark mostly.

bam920

Asked by bam920 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Shopping

• My sister bought the shark and it worked very well, one time. Then it broke. She says don't get it.

Answer by Bmat at 1:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yeah we had the Shark as well. The pads wear out very fast, within 3-4 months, and from my experience, it just leaves a grimy streak of dried up dirt everywhere. We used it on laminate and tile and were not satisfied. It is supposed to "sanitize" but I dont buy it. My girls were crawling on the "clean" floors and had black knees and feet so I got rid of it and busted out my old Libman. Waste of $80, IMO.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 1:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I have a bissel and I love it. The bissel has thick microfiber pads that are really nice. My friend has a Hauun (sp?) and loves hers too.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Thanks for the input. I think I"ve decided on the bissel b/c of reliability and a swiveling head. :)
    bam920

Answer by bam920 at 8:00 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I have one. I never use it. I make my hubby use it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I have the purple shark...LOVE IT...use it everyday and have had it for about a year...i bought extra pads ---5total and they have lasted great too...
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:25 AM on Aug. 12, 2009