Do you Shop At Good Will?

Do you shop at Good Will? Today is Custmoer Appreciation Day here! All The people I knew & liked there were let go! Good Honest, Caring People! Last time I was There I inquired about the Customer Appreciation Day Sale! No one working knew of it or what day it is! So I couldn't Get A Ticket to get in to come to it! We're there at least 3-4 times A week! DH calls today & Asks.. If you don't have A ticket you can't get in! Unfair I think! What about You? Also the last tihng we bought there was signed Checked out. A Coo Coo Clock! It doesn't work. But was Checked out? By who? DH found The Biggest Mouse's Nest Ever inside! From Yarn, tissues, paper, acorns, plastic, leaves, silk flowers, stuffing & what Not!! Ewwh! Many Times Target donates stuff at GW but GW charges the Same or more! When we're jobless & times are tough. We're Sad. We can't Afford GW!! With DD having her 3rd Baby on the Way. There's Needs. Very high priced! Sad

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 1:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to but now no way.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Uggh no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• yes I do on occasion, but I have noticed how the prices arent that good of a deal like they used to be. some stuff is cheaper at stores like walmart. like once I saw 4 dining room chairs for $12 each, thats how much the cheapies are at walmart. its not like the chairs at goodwill were anything special! and i saw an outdoor chair at goodwill for $200. wheres the bargain in that lol.
    I stick to salvation army. they always have cool stuff and i've never seen anything I wanted/needed over $20
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I don't shop goodwill, mostly because there is not one near me, and because when I used to shop there it was always hit or miss so I felt like I was wasting my time. For random stuff I look at my local freecycle and I usually find some really good stuff on there for free! (www.freecycle.org to find the one in your area) Also, for my daughter I have shopped at childrens consinment stores (like once upon a child) and I search Craig's list for local garage sales with baby items. I got a bag full of almost brand new clothes at one garage sale this summer for $8. Some of the clothes still had tags on them.
    nennaks

Answer by nennaks at 2:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i have been the store before but never bought anything from there.. only because i never found anything i wanted or liked.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I go in there but I feel like I am buying dead person's clothes or belongings..Call me a freak or morbid if you will, but when my Grandmother died, all the stuff we did want went to Goodwill. And aside from my own weirdness, I can get better deals at other places sometimes.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I shop there, I almost always find something. I was looking for a hair dryer that a cool setting for my dog. Found one, only 2 bucks. I also got a lazy boy recliner for 15 bucks, my so really, really wanted on. I love that store.
    ibeamomysomeday

Answer by ibeamomysomeday at 5:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I don't shop there, but I donate stuff there.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• About every 2-4 months - we love our Goodwill shop!
    I look for plus sized blouses for myself, but can never find anything that is comfortable and nice looking. Everything is so tacky with all the gaudy colors and prints and most of the materials are nasty. I think I found one blouse to fit me in the 2 years I've shopped there, but I bought my 2 teens their entire summer wardrobes there and we find sweet little things for the house and gifts.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009