Is it tacky to....

...wear your wedding/engagement ring around your neck on a chain instead of on your finger? I'm pregnant and my fingers are too swollen to wear rings on them comfortably, but I still want to wear my ring.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that is cute!
    bam920

Answer by bam920 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• That's not tacky at all. I couldn't wear rings at all when I was pregnant. I was super SWOLLEN.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• No. It shows dedication in my opinion. I'd be upset if I couldn't wear my ring. (If I had one that is lol.)
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 2:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Not tacky at all!!!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I don't think there is anything wrong with that at all. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I've had mine on a chain around my neck for about a year now, they just don't fit on my finger anymore =(
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• No thats not tacky. I was too scared to do that only because I worked in flooring at a hardware store and didnt want to lose them to a saw or carpet cutter. My fingers got so swollen I was afraid I was going to lose my finger my rings were so tight!! I was able to get them off one morning and couldnt get them back on until 5 weeks PP.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 2:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Absolutely NOT tacky! It's very understandable!

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• When I was pregnant I could not wear my rings some days because my fingers were so swolen. I am not comfortable wearing a necklace, so my ring sat in my jewerly box on days I could not wear it. I don't think it is tacky to wear them around your neck.
    nennaks

Answer by nennaks at 2:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• not tacky at all... i did that when i went into the hospital having our son and i also did it when i had my open heart surgery just so my hubby could keep up with them.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009