to move or not to move? do you think its runnin away from your problems?

i want to move out of state, im so sick of the drama that goes on in this small town we lived here 10 years and had so many problems here this town with everyone in it is toxic. my dh and i are talkin bout going some place where we are within drivin distance to our family but far enough away from all the backstabbers and the bs. i think a change would be good for all of us

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• my boyfriend,our son,and i moved a couple hundred miles away a year ago and it was one of the best things we could have ever done!!! the bullshit and drama with certain people was just getting ridiculous so we took a chance and moved out of state-and things changed ALOT! we're still within driving distance so we can take a weekend trip to visit the friends and family we WANT to see-but we're far enough away that we don't have to worry about all the trouble-makers and psycos causing problems!! Its not considered "running away" when you're "running" for something better!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• sounds like a great idea

Answer by admckenzie at 2:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Do it. It will feel great to start over where no one has pretenses about you! I had some seriously effed up stuff happen while a senior in high school and had people making death threats to me and all my "best friends" turned on me. Anyway, I moved 45 minutes north where NO ONE knew me and started over with my boyfriend, now husband. I can still visit my fam and rarely see anyone from my past at the same time.

Except for the desperate ones who have resorted to using the internet to find me, weirdos.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 2:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• We did it about 4 years ago and it was the best thing we ever could have done! We're now 1800 miles away from all the bullshit and drama. It's wonderful.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Start fresh it's a good idea. I'd say if you are going to move make it a good distance so your "problems" do not follow
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2009