What do I do if my husband does a crappy job at cleaning our house but so desperately wants to help me out???

discokittten

Asked by discokittten at 2:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Tactfully show him how to do things. When my husband and I first go married I had to do this. If you are nice and approach it in a helpful way, it helps alot.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Give him stuff you know he can do alright. I don't let my SO do the laundry, he used 6 drier sheets the other day in a load that had about 5 pieces of clothing! I make him take out the garbage and he will do other stuff sometimes.
    I prefer to just do it myself lol. Even though it's extra work, oh well.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 2:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• hug his neck and show him appreciation. He will improve in time with your guidance

Answer by admckenzie at 2:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• TEACH HIM AS YOU PRAISE.

Answer by older at 2:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• that is super sweet!!! have him do the things you dont want to, like uber dirty dishes, trash, heavy lifting, vacuuming is a good one.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• He's a REALLY great guy and knows I hate being pregnant because I'm always so sick..but the dishwasher is a so disorganized...NOTHING will get cleaned like that! And when he cleans up our daughter after she eats..he leaves yucky food bits on the sink and the floor..and doesn't realize it..but he tries so so hard!
    discokittten

Answer by discokittten at 2:25 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Choose your battles. How many things does he really do "wrong" and how many are things he just does differently than you do and it irritates you?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• This is a problem? Lower your standards and thank your lucky stars.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Let him do it - the more he does it, the more he will learn. And thank him, let him know how very much you appreciate the things he tries to do!

Answer by missanc at 3:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Even housework done incorrectly is a blessing. Resist the temptation to correct.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2009