I just found a bunch of barely used bed sheets and pillow cases in our apartment trash can are they safe to use?

I want to use color safe bleach on them and detergent will that sanitize them enough to use again?Hotels go through this,what's the difference between garbage finds and that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Health

• The hottest water you can use. and as you say, a sanitizing chemical of some kind.

Answer by Bmat at 3:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I see no difference in that and in buying them second hand. Even stores resell them when they are used and brought back. They just reduce the price.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Just wash them real good but use something that can kill lice and bed bugs.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 2:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• smell them, could be a urine thing
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• They smell almost brand new with a light smell of cigarette smoke.They don't look used at all and they come from top brand names like Laura ashley,Bed and bath and beyond brands and some out door company.They look like they've been folded up on shelves for years, hardly used.I also found table mats brand new and a warm fabric bed sheet,what's that called it's made for cold weather,it was brand new but because it was made out of a warmer material I wonder if it could harbor lice and other nits,but it's a good quality and sturdy sheet.Anyone wonder about the warmer weather sheet?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• could be LICE INFECTED!
    aameliaz

Answer by aameliaz at 2:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I mean the colder weather sheet?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Because it looks brand new and like it's been folded up in a shelf for years,It could have lice or nits sitting in the trash can I found it about 30 minutes ago,so it could of been sitting there from last night or a few days ago,who knows, but I assume it was either sat or today because most people throw their good stuff out on those days.So,if you want to be a trash hopper like me,sat and sun. are the days to check your trash,I think sun. are the better days because sat. they are busy doing errands and sun is their day to rest and cleanb out their house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Maybe they are "evidence" of some cheating and had to be disposed of quickly. But if you want 'em they're yours. Just clean them real good. Several times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• After all these comments about lice and bedbugs and urine, if I were you I'd think twice about them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2009