Is it normal for my circumsized 3 year old to suddenly "look" uncircumsized?

Last night at bathtime I noticed my 3 year old son was having some kind of issue with his penis. In order to wash it I had to pull skin back away from the head-almost as if it was the foreskin on an uncircumsized penis. After pulling the skin back and washing it still seemed like there was something causing the penis to kind of "sink in" and have the skin covering the head-he's still in pull-ups,so at every changing we have been sure to move the skin and cleanse the area with a wipe-but its still not allowing the head to be out from under the skin.Should we have this checked out or is this normal? I don't ever remember this happening before! HELP!!

dakotasmommy06

Asked by dakotasmommy06 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• It is normal expecially if they have a "fat patch" at the base of the penis, just make sure that the rim if the head is visable when plled back it is okay if the forskin covers it(my son is circumsized but always looked uncircumsized)
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• For some reason they are leaving more skin lately with circ's. I noticed it on my 3 yr. old when he was born. More skin was left than that on my 8 yr. old or 12 yr. old. So, sometimes my 3 yr. old's will look like that too.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 4:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• thanks for the replies!! My bf kept telling me I was probably just worrying "too much",but then he even starting talking about making him a dr. appt. so he no longer has any room to talk about me worrying too much lol thanks again! its always nice to have other moms to talk with on here!!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 8:14 AM on Aug. 10, 2009