could i be allerigic to my eyeshadow.

Everytime I wear my eye shadow sparkling wine (it's like a purple color) from maybelline my eyes become really red, hurt to touch them, really watery,, crushy yellow stuff (like eye boggies) and hard to open the eyes in the morning. I put visine in my eyes to help clear the redness and after a couple of days my eyes are all clear up and it's only happens when I wear this color. So does it mean I'm allerigic to it.

LoriAnn87

Asked by LoriAnn87 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I am allergic to blue dye, which I finally figured out when every time I tried to wear blue eye shadow my eyelids itched so much I had to wash it off. Then I realized that blue shampoo makes my scalp itch, and so forth. So yes you could be allergic. Try a different color, or a different brand. I don't use it at all now.

Answer by Bmat at 2:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• how long have you had this eyeshadow?
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• thank you and I have been only using for couple of months.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It could be the dyes that make it that color if you don't have problems with other eyeshadow. I assume that you are removing it with romover pads.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 7:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Remover*
    OneToughMami