What is your opinion on older men who date/marry younger girls?

For example.....a 44 year old man dating a 23 year old girl? What is your opinion on significant age differences in relationships? I'm not looking to start any wars or anything, just thought it would be interesting to hear other opinions. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• to create a stepford partner, to regain his youth, to show his x and neighbors how cool he is to get a young chick (not hard to do if he spends money on her and buys her affection) There are lots of gold diggers out there who'd love to take him for all he's worth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• What if they are genuine caring relationships.....where neither partner is looking for any "perks"...they both legitimately care for and love each other? -OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• If a 44 YO man has anything in common with a 23 YO girl and finds her his intellectual equal I'm guessing women his own age wouldn't want anything to do with him anyway. 23 is just still so young and immature...if the woman was say, 35 and the man 55, that doesn't bother me as much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• So if you are 23 you are automatically immature, just because you are 23? Why couldn't a 23 year old have things in common with an older person? Interests are interests. Not ALL 23 year old's, or young people in general, are childish and immature and unintelligent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Age is a number if they are happy who cares? I've seen far more sucessfull relationships where age is 10 or more years difference.

Then again my Dh and I are 3 months apart and have been married 12 years. so who knows and who are we to comment on other peoples relationships?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Ok...my boyfriend is 35 and I'm 19. I've lived alot in my short life and find myself to be at least more mature than some 30 year olds. He is not trying to regain his youth, he's always been young at heart. Nor does he buy my affection. I love him just the way he is. He doesn't have to buy me things to get me to be with him. We do have alot of things in common and have great conversations with each other. As far as sex goes, it's amazing. He's very intune with my needs and wants and I'm the same way with him. It's not awkward because he's older or I'm younger. I don't look at him and see his age, I look at him and see a man I love.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My ex is 13 years older than I am. We married when he was 33 and I was 20 and I completely agree with a PP - he was with me because a woman his own age wouldn't have had anything to do with him. I grew up and realized how ridiculous, controlling, and lazy he was. When I was 20 I thought he was self confident, as I grew through my 20s I realized he's narcissistic.
    I don't think all 23 year olds are immature, but people in their 20s and people in their 40s look at situations differently, bring different (generational) life experiences to the table - or that's the way it should be anyway. I think in general people are better off with someone close to their own age. My dh is 5 years older than me, but at 35 and 40 we've gone through the same experiences and have a lot of the same friends from highschool, etc.

Answer by missanc at 3:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• yeah so im 21 and my bf is about to turn 33.. He doesnt look it nor does he act it, most the time i forget how old he really is.. so to me age isnt a problem.. haha and money wise i make 2 times what he makes so thats not why i am with him either
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 3:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes, most 23 YOs are immature. You can fight me on it all you want, but don't talk to me about it until you are older, you will see, trust me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• To each their own but I do think its kinda sad for the 30 to 40 something single woman.I used to date much older men at 15 I dated a 25 yr old at 19 I dated a 32 yr ol I used to think I was way more muture than others my age but now that I am 30 I look back and realize yes I was immature but I was supposed to be as a young adult its nothing bad,its just a fact. For me personally I wanted a older man because I didnt have a father in my life I didnt see it then but I do now and I think its something you can only see when you get older and more mature. Personally I do think that older men want younger women because they are easy and im not talking just sexualy they just dont challange them the way an older woman would or maybe they enjoy the drama a younger woman bring to their life idk,also an older woman is less likely to put up with thir bull shit
    jendramis

Answer by jendramis at 4:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2009