Update:The talk with Nick about the condom

So yesterday when Nick came home DH and I took him to his room to talk. I explained how I was doing his laundry then when I emptied the pockets I found the condom. I said at first I was a tad shocked just from the thot of my lil boy having sex. But then I was vry proud that he had the condom. It shows he cares a lot about his gf and himself. And his dad said he agreed with me and if he had any Qs dad was here for him. Nick said he and his gf were having sex and have been for about 5months. But he said he wears a condom every time and his gf is on birth control. He then rly opened up saying how much he loves his gf,it was so sweet. i knew Nick was a great kid but the way he talked about evrything was so mature and respectful. After this he gave DH and I a big hug and said he was sry about keeping this from us. We said its ok,we understand we are just proud hes so responsible. It went vry well. Thnx agian ladies for ur help =]

xomommy25

Asked by xomommy25 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Congrats on everything going well!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 2:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• wow that is awesome that it went so well! you have a great kid :)
    totallysober

Answer by totallysober at 2:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• awesome! thats really great that you guys are so understanding and you guys are great parents:)
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• sooo awsome that you have that kind of relationship with your son!!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• aww what a sweet young man!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I am so glad it went so well. It is a testament to what great parents you both are that you can have such an adult conversation with your son. I hope to have the same type of relationship with y three boys.
    Good Job Mom and Dad!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• you have rasied a great son. he does have respect for himself and his gf. atleast he told you and your husband how long him and his girfriend have been having sex and atleast he is being smart about wearing condoms and atleast his girlfriend is on birth control. well you and yor husband did a good job.
    ashmomoftwins

Answer by ashmomoftwins at 5:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• What a sweet, respectful and responsible young man you have raised. Congrats!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• sounds like he's a very smart guy.happy for you all glad all went well.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 12:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Thank you ladies :)
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 11, 2009