Just lost my mucus plug

I am 37 weeks and 5 days pregnant, 2cm dilated 50% effaced and baby is fully dropped and I just lost my mucus plug. At my last dr. appt. on Thursday she said she will be surprised if she sees me at my appt. on wensday, anybody have any advice on how to speed things up? r hw much longer I have?

bri_bojang

Asked by bri_bojang at 2:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have lots of sex
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• WALK! It helps you dilate. Good luck!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 2:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• itll come very soon since th eplugs out i had a blood clot so i was induced a few days after my plug went and the had to give me things to get me dialated first but i kno if your having a normal pregnancy then itll b soon!!!
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• sex and walking. When I was losing my mucus plug (small to mediun chunks coming out at different times) I went on a walk about 5-6 blocks and then turned around and walked home, went to the bathroom and lost what was left...it was nasty, but the walking helped. I started having contractions a little after that (I didnt know, the nurses at the hospital told me I just thought my DD was sticking her butt up lol) well I was induced the next day because I was over due so Im not sure how long it would have taken had I stuck it out! Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Make sure you have everything ready to go to the hospital! I would also recomend that you do your dishes and laundry so you don't have to worry about it when you get home but also the work will help you dilate more. Then take a nice shower and relax!!!!!!

good luck

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I started loosing my mucus plug (and it was bloody) Friday morning. I am still here, no baby. I have done a ton of walking. Today I have gotten a lot more discharge, am hoping the end is near. I have had on and off contractions but nothing regular. Hopefully you will move faster than I am!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• omg congrats.im 37 weeks and 3 days i hope in 2 days i can go into labor lol.good luck.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 3:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• my dr said that to me for three weeks! LOL! I was 70% and 6 cm for two and lost my mucus plug at 34 weeks. Just be prepared for anything! My dr stripped my membranes at 38 weeks hubby and I had sex that night and I had a baby 8 hrs later!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• with both my kids i lost my plug almost 2mts before i went into labor
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I am very surprised that at only 2cm & 50% effaced that your doc would NOT be planning on seeing you the following week! That is a very typical place to be at 37 weeks, so I would be surprised if you had the baby in the next week! Losing your plug does NOT mean that labor is anytime soon, as you can see by other mom's replies. I lost mine 7 1/2 weeks before I was induced with my 2nd child.

Not trying to discourage you, I am just being realistic. And FYI, a baby doesnt "fully drop" until the end stage of delivery! A baby "drops" 7 times during the end of pregnancy/labor & delivery. So although your baby has probably dropped, it will still have alot of dropping to do. She probably meant that it is fully engaged, which means it is in the pelvic bone and is not going to be backing out
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2009