Would you be worried if your 2yr old flinched when his dad went to yell at him? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it depends, has he allways dont that cuz dads voice is loud or is it a new thing
    is there any other fearful behaviors ect
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• dont overreact from the flinch! my daughter does this when i yell at her...and i dont hit!!! it can be a natural reaction from the loud noise...very normal!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• it depends my son does it wen i raise my hand up but thts to scare him in to stoping wat ever hes doin!!! i dont beat him so dont go over bourd with the raising my hand....but watch him with him cus it could b more than him scaring him to stop then there could b more!!!
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• You can just ask your husband/SO/babys Dad if he hits your child, that way your not jumping to any conclusions
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I would think that he's yelled at him like that before or hit him and he's scared of him....
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I would worry that he's yelling at a 2 year old.

Answer by missanc at 3:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I would worry that he's yelling, too. That's about all. If I yell at my two year old, which happens very rarely, but has happened, she flinches. Because she's not used to it!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Kick his a$$ and make him take parenting classes. Sounds like he needs help if he is yelling at a 2 year old
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I would be concerned about the long term issues - his reaction to yelling will stay with him his entire life - and it would seem that if he's flinching, he's scared - which is not a good relationship to have with one's father. Talk to your husband and try to help him learn how to communicate effectively without scaring your son. I would say anger management would be beneficial, or at the very least, counseling to learn more effective methods of communication and stress relief that will not have negative repercussions on his son and potentially lead to a life of difficult relationships because in all likelihood, his son will emulate his father and yell at his own kids or even his significant others.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• it depends if ur around them when its happenin u would be able to see if theres a reason why he flincing ( if its the dad ) or if the child is flincing cause of this dad voice. I would watch and see why my child is flincin and if i feel that its his dad then theres thing ya have to talk about but if its the child u let him no hes not in trouble but that hes getting older and try to explain to him that theres things he cant do and find ways to make the flincin go away don't want people thinkin other thing when hes putting on a show
    Ashantia

Answer by Ashantia at 7:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2009