Do you think cops are too rough in general?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• When they enter into a situation, they don't know what they are dealing with yet. So they have to do what they have to do for their own safety. Once they get a feel for the situation and what the personal threat level is they change their behavior accordingly. Have you ever watched how they approach a car that they have pulled over? The approach from behind the driver side with their hand on their gun, they stop and look in the back window, then go as far as the back side window to ask for your license. They don't know if you are going to try to hurt them.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• In some cases yes but most of the time they are protecting themselves.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 3:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• :) curious slw123, are you or your SO a cop?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• No. They put their lives on the line each day when they go to work, never knowing if they will see their families again. They do what they can to protect themselves.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• In general, no. My brother is a cop and know that he never uses force unless he has too. There are some cops in my town though that are stupid. For instance, there was this girl who was stabbed by her ex boyfriend and I guess he was in the apartment still with her and the cops opened fire (not sure for what reason) and they hit the girl. The cop's shot was what killed her, not the stabbing. Internal Affairs investigated and said there was no foul play. This girl was two months pregnant. It's an injustice that sickens me.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

Ditto

Heather2001

Answer by Heather2001 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• #1 rule: Officer safety
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 3:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i have no respect for police by where i live.me and my bf were sitting in the park looking at a target catalog that we got from registering at target.his friend was sitting across from us.and 2 of our friends were talking.the police searched all of them even my bf and we werent even doing anything.they wanted to search me but there not allowed because im pregnant.even though people are known to smoke weed and sell drugs n the park its wrong that the younger crowd is an instant suspect.i hate it.Police beat the crap out of someone i know the other day and planted crack on him.smfh
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 3:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• desi2sweet where do u live? are u sure they are police? there are a lot of impersonators out there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Only if you give them reason to be. Face it, people don't like having to deal with the police so the first words out of their mouths are usually, "Police brutality" "Unfair" my favorite, "I'm innocent." Yep, prisons of full of "innocent" people. What do you expect in a generation of people who don't want to take responsibility for their actions?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2009