i need help in what to pack in my hospital bag.

thanx ladies.

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 3:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do you have a camera packed....always good to have more than memories
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Camera. Pillow. Back massager. Something to focus on. Clothes for the baby. Clothes for you. Sanitary pads for the lochia.

As I recall, that's all I actually USED out of all the crud I PACKED!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:48 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• camera and charger/batteries
    socks
    shampoo, conditioner, lotion, tooth paste, tooth brush, body wash
    comfy change of clothes
    pads (the hospital has them but they are like diapers.
    outfit for baby to go home in (onsies or sleeper)
    phone charger and phone numbers of family you want to call!

I just had my baby last week. She is my third and that was all I seemed to need.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Oh, also a change of clothes for your SO/DH, he will thank you for it! Especially if this is his first and doesn't want to leave you sight!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• One thing, Don't bother with any diapers, you can take all the ones in the bassinet home with you! Leave room in the diaper bag for all the stuff you can stuff into it. :)

Otherwise, if you have a pillow you simply HAVE to have to sleep, bring it with you.

Camera, video camera. If your hospital has WI FI bring a laptop if you have one. I am hoping mine does so I can post pictures online later that day :) Hee hee.

And your phone numbers and cell for all those phone calls.

If you dont' mind some of your own PJS getting quite gross and you feel like you'd be more comfy in your own PJs bring a couple pair. Otherwise, if you don't mind the hospital gowns, stick with them, that way you dont' have to worry about possibly having stains all over your own PJs forever.

If you are going to breastfeed, bring along a tube of Lansinoh (or Purelan) and begin using it the very first time you nurse! Just apply some right after nursing
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 8:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2009