question about ovulation, please answer :0)

hi, the first day of my last period was July 18th. So, do i count 14 days after that for when ovulation was to occur?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Your most likely days of ovulation would be from: 07/30/09 to 08/01/09.
    If you are trying to get pregnant you might try the
    "best sperm meet egg formula."
    Good Luck!
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 3:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• oh good! i had sex on the 31st, so maybe that was a good time, lol!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes...and no.

14 days is based on a 28 day cycle. If you don't HAVE a 28 day cycle, it doesn't apply. If they length of your cycle changes every month, it doesn't apply. Sometimes if you've been sick, it doesn't apply.

BEST way to know the day you ovulate? "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. Yoou'll learn to charge your fertility signs so that you will know the very day y9ou ovulate...and you'll know you're pregnant without having to test! (Though you'll want to anyway.)

I tried counting days and using ovulation kits for months with NO results. Bought the book...pregnant the VERY NEXT cycle. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• You ovulate 14 days before you period comes. So, as pp said if you have a 28 day cycle then 14 days after still works. But if your cycles are longer it does not. Read the book she suggested. It is full of great information. I agree, with my first, I knew for sure that I was pregnant before taking a test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2009