im dating my sons college friend

Just recently I started dating my sons friend I am 40 my son is 18 and hes friend from college is 21. I havent told my son yet and I dont know how he is going to react. My son had a bunch of his friends from college over and I met him there. I want to tell my son but I dont know what to say or how he will react.

qtpa2d

Asked by qtpa2d at 3:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• That's a big no no. Fine if you want to date someone that much younger, but your sons friend? Come on lady.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• That is just plain wrong. You are taking advantage of him, and you are a full grown adult who should know better. Grow up and act (and date) your age. How would you feel if some middle aged woman were picking up on your child? Hopefully that wouldn't be ok with you...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I agree...he is not just a younger guy, he is your son's friend. That is crossing the line....I can't imagine that your son will be okay with it.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I'm sorry but it feels to much like dating a baby. I mean he is young enough to be your son. That just really creeps me out. I also don't think your son is going to be real happy with it. What happens if you break up? Where does that leave him with his friend?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• If you are afraid or nervous to talk to your son about this situation than it's obvious that you KNOW what you are doing is wrong. Try thinking of your son instead of yourself for a minute.
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 12:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• ewwwwwwwwwwww nasty--even though my SO is 50 and I'm 30 but ewwwwwwwwwww nasty, it think that women are held to a higher standard because we are mothers!!! Would you like it if you 21 year old was going with a 40 year old mother?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Are you going to post the same thing each and every day?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 5:41 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Ride em cowboy!!! Look if you can get you a younger man then do it. Since the guy is in college then he is fair game. Tell your son and date your little playboy.
    Doodlesrevenge

Answer by Doodlesrevenge at 8:30 AM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Did you used to be under a different screen name??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• If your afraid to tell your son then obviously what you are doing is wrong
    wintersmommy06

Answer by wintersmommy06 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 11, 2009