early miscarriage question

I just got my period but both I and my husband think it came really early and normally I have longer cycles than average. I had just told my husband that I wouldn't be surprised if I was pregnant like two days before it started. My hair has been very oily, my breasts are itchy and my emotions are a little off. Then I get my period and its so heavy that (TMI warning) after just 2 hours of wearing the "super" tampon, I don't just bleed through, I soak my shorts. Then two hours later, I need another. That never happens to my normal bad months (I have a cyst on one ovary). Does this sound at all like a miscarriage? I'm mostly concerned from a medical standpoint. DH and I were going to start trying in a few months for #2.

mrs_pulley

Asked by mrs_pulley at 4:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You could always take a pregnancy test. There is a chance that if it is a m/c that all the pregnancy hormones are not out of your system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• at best I would have been a week and a half pregnant. would it show under that circumstance?
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 4:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• well it could be possible that u were so take a test the hormones probably is in your system
    msandrews2

Answer by msandrews2 at 3:11 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• I had a miscarriage so I know a little about the subject I am also an RN. I was bleeding the same way, but I always have bad periods. You need to wear a pad to monitor it. The ER doctor said women have miscarriages all the time and never know they were pregnant. The only difference between a miscarriage and a bad period is you will have very very big blood clots. I'm talking like half dollar sized to golf ball sized blood clots. And another difference is the pain. It isn't just in your ovaries you hurt in your stomach too. I mean duh cause a baby is being torn from your stomach, of course its going to hurt. And also you do need to test because if you were pregnant then the hCG levels could still be in your system. They stay in your body for 10 days on average. Depending, of course, how far along you were.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009