Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I call my mother in law to tell her the kitchen cabinets had to be ripped out?

We rent from my MIL and we had a leak in the kitchen sink. Needless to say the bottom of the cabinets had to be ripped out. I keep telling my hubby to call & let her know but he wont. The woman absolutey hates me but I'm thinking I should just call and tell her. What would you do?

Answer Question

Asked by Kittlesdesigns at 4:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

Level 3 (21 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Your husband needs to call her not you. And I had a flood this year due to a accident and the insurance will come through and pay your MIL to get the problem fixed. So don't wait to tell her. They need to know ASAP. And since she doesn't like you it is all the more reason to tell her sooner before it's too late.

    Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:26 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

  • Yeah I completely agree that she needs to know but its pissing me off that I can't get my husband to call her. I know they don't have the best relationship but its still HIS mother. I don't see why I have to do it just because he doesn't want to.

    Answer by Kittlesdesigns at 8:18 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

  • I think your husband should man up and call his mother himself. Less likely to cause problems if he does the calling!!! And, he does need to do it NOW.

    Answer by ohwrite at 4:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

  • Her insurance should cover it so YES call her

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

  • Yes, you need to call her. This is the sort of stuff that needs to be reported by a realtor when the place is sold (eventually).

    It's HER property. She needs to know,.

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.