Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do u deal with the father of your child living in a different town and always wants to take your kid and keep her for a long time

Answer Question

Asked by kaylismomma464 at 4:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I am a child of divorced parents. I think that you just have to let him take her and maybe stay in touch once a week and ask her if she's having a good time and see what she and her dad have been doing. That way you are connected and know what she's doing, yet she has her time with her father. It's really important to her to know that you support her time with her dad.

    Answer by jentro90 at 4:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

  • I agree with the first answer, you dont want her to feel torn between the two of you. Im not sure I could once a week though, Id have to call atleast every night to say good night... and hopefully she knows she can call you anytime as well. And as long as she is wanting to go stay with him I dont think its a bad thing.

    Answer by dstny1998 at 5:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

  • As long as there are no concerns with his parenting, she should be able to spend extended periods of time with him. Consider yourself lucky, there are plenty of fathers out there who don't spend enough time with their children.

    Answer by drowninginboys at 11:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.