is it wrong to yell at a 6 month old

Boyfriend and i are having a disagreement. He agrees tht yelling at a 6 month old and saying she will learn from repitition is right and true.

I agree that she has no idea what she is doing is wrong and yelling at her to stop is not right or going to help her learn. what do you think?

BayB

Asked by BayB at 4:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think NO!
    amber1216

Answer by amber1216 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• yeah youre right hes wrong
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It's wrong she wont learn from yelling..love and patience is the key. i have a 18 month and nobody screams at her. We say NO NO OR DONT TOUCH ..MY husband barks like a dog for some reason and she gets scared and stops doing what ever she was doing.

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 4:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• What could a 6 month old be doing that is SO bad anyway? Sounds like BF has some issues.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• what could she possibly do at 6 months that would need that?hes buggin mama.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 5:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• he needs to take some parenting classes! really bad!
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• no, the child is six months old...tell him to get a grip! all that is going to do is traumatize the baby. my SO and i agreed on one major thing with our son- any wrong doings the child does, unitl they are about 2 is, the parents fault for allowing it to happen. babies especially , do not just know right from wrong, they must be taught...and a six month old can not do anything wrong at all.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I agree. The baby should NOT be yelled at. My husband's the same way. I don't think he means to react that way. And our little girl is not doing anything wrong. Babies do get into things just to learn and check it out. She is not naughty nor is she spoiled. She responds immediately to a gentle, "No" and "Come here" or "let's play over here and with this". But when my husband raises his voice and hollers "NO", it scares her. Her feelings get hurt so easily. She is so obedient. I don't know how to get it across to my husband to change is reaction & volume.

Jennb82

Answer by Jennb82 at 7:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Absolutely NO, No amount of yelling is going to make any sense to an infant. That is very sad to hear and I hope he can get this thru his head, maybe get some counseling?
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My DD is 9 months, and I JUST NOW began "disciplining" her so to speak. I would never yell at her, I simply redirect her from whatever she is getting into and show her things she can play with.

ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 9:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2009