Books similar to Twilight?

My mom really loves the Twilight series, and she has finished reading them all. We are wondering if anyone knows of any other books that are similar to that kind of book that are good to read?

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 4:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Entertainment

• There's a few, but there's just none of them that really quite match up to Twilight.
    Some are.. The Vampire Academy series, Blue Bloods series, Anita Blake series - they're not your average "Twilight" books, much more.. "adult" and kind of gets smutty around the 8th book in the series. Hmm, I would stay away from Vampire Kisses - that book made my brain melt because it was just so juvenile, my friend's 10 year old even hated them.
    That's all I can think of for now..
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I Just got finished reading the Sookie Stackhouse Novels. Theyre about a girl who falls for a Vampire. They're a little bit more adult than twilight but theyre pretty good.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Lyndsay Sands, the Argeneau series. I personally won't read Twilight; vampires aren't supposed to sparkle, lol. I'm a fan of the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton but I do agree with K Sawyer, they get kind of smutty; if you want to try it, the first one is called Guilty Pleasures. Laurell also writes the Meredith Gentry series. The Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison is really good, not smutty, but definitely more adult in the themes, first one is Dead Witch Walking. Sookie Stackhouse books are great too, the first one is Dead Until Dark. Haven't read the latest but I have it. I've got so many books to read!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I agree with all the above suggestions. There's also the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R.Ward. It's more adult than Twilight, but a good series. I can't recall the first book's name offhand, but I imagine you can Google it.

I'm reading the Night World series right now by LJ Smith (she wrote The Vampire Diaries series) and it's pretty good. It's more juvie fiction but I prefer it so far over Twilight. (Again, can't recall titles, I bought them as book club style 3-in-1's, so all I know is Vol. 1, Vol. 2, etc.)

There's also the Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike. (Those came out years ago when I was in HS. Juvie fiction.)

Anne Rice has the Vampire Chronicles and it's spin-off books. At some point (I think it's Blackwood Farm?) it crosses into her Mayfair Witches series, so I think it may be confusing unless you've read both.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:13 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• The Sookie Stackhouse series, The Circle trilogy by Nora Roberts, the PC Cast (author) seriesm The Fangs series by Kathy Love (explicit sex).
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• There is also the series by janine Frost. The first one is called halfway to the grave. It is deffinitly adult.
    Sparkly3

Answer by Sparkly3 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2010