formula question

my son is on soy formula currently he has been for about 2 months, he was on BM for as month, then i switched to enfamil lipil which made him constipated and he couldn't keep the bottle down, then i tried similac advance and the same thing happened and i finally tried soy and it was better but im wondering if i should swich to something like a.r. lipil idk if has a milk allergy, im worried about the estrogen in the soy affecting him has anyone had success switching back to a milk based formula from soy?

ilovenoah26

Asked by ilovenoah26 at 5:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he is thriving on the formula that you are giving him now, I would continue with that. :) You could try changing but if he has the same symptoms as before you could always switch back.
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 5:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• You should talk to your ped if you think he may have a milk allergy. From what my ped told us, many babies who have a milk protein allergy, also have a soy protein allergy. My daughter went through the stages of different milk based and soy based formulas before we ended up putting her in similac alimentum, which is a hypoallergenic formula.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 6:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Relactate! Your baby's body obviously knows what is best and breastmilk is it! Formula is something that one tolerates not something that is enjoyed. If you would like help relactating please ask we are all happy to help. There is a great success rate from only 2 months out.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Oh, for crying out loud. There is NOTHING in that soy formula that is going to hurt him. Read the damn studies, not articles on studies. Even the authors of the actual studies have come out against the stupid media for their erroneous reporting!!

Keep him on the soy. He's doing better, you said so yourself!! Why mess around with an already sensitive stomach by switching around formula after formula. It takes two weeks to know the effect of a different formula. Do you REALLY want to take the chance of making him miserable with stomach issues because you are misinformed about soy?

For the record...my kids enjoyed the HELL out of their formula.

I had a son on soy as an infant due to constipation. He went to regular milk very easily. It never crossed my mind to try to put him back on a milk based formula because he was doing so well on the soy.

Not to mention...what about all the moms giving soy milk?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• you should ask your ped. the enfamil constipated my son as well and I switch to the Parents Choice Sensitivity which works great for him and is only $15 for a big can at Wal Mart!!
    SethsMommy625

Answer by SethsMommy625 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2009