does this sound like colic?

My one month old cries EVERY night, for the last week, from about 7pm until 10-11pm... Nothing seems to calm him down, except a bath, and as soon as he gets out of the bath he strats screaming again... He gets so upset that he turns bright red and Im afraid he will make himself sick. I have tried burping him, changing him, feeding him, swaddling him, changing his clothes, taking him for a car ride, taking him for a walk, gripe water, gas drops, even baby orajel (thinking he maybe teething early): all to no avail. The pedi said its normal for babies to be cranky in the evening. Does it sound like colic? My first never cried, so I dont really know what Im looking for... Anyone know what it could be? And any ideas as to help him calm down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it probably is colic. my son is two months old and hes been getting like that sometimes for a while now. do you have a swing? my swing is the one thing that always makes him stop crying.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• yeah i would say so, did u try switching formula i know they have that one formula that is suppose to help
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I haven't had any children w/ colic, but that sounds like colic to me. My babies were all happy and calm most of the time though, so I may not be the best judge. :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Colic-yes. I suffered from severe colic from my son. Keep trying different strategies. I noticed gas caused my infant a lot of pain. Lay baby on his back & try these:
    - push babys legs into chest. Like hes bycling
    - massage stomach to release gas
    - I love you massage -
    ALSO
    - holding him in the tiger in the tree position
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 6:55 PM on Aug. 10, 2009