what could be wrong...nut pain

My son is 11 and yesterday his left nut was hurting so bad he was crying. He said the top of his leg popped and thats when it started hurting. He didnt want me to but I checked him for any lumps or anything that didnt seem right but didnt find anything. Today it was hurting again. I think he might have strained it when his leg popped but was wondering if boys get growing pains down there like girls do in their breasts and if not what else might be going on. I asked him if anyone kicked or hit him and he said no.

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 5:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• ... you touched your 11-year-old boys testicles?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It's possible he herniated or twisted his testicle. You should probably go to you pediatric care provider. It's not life threatening but if it doesn't heal on its own the doctor will need to fix it. This is of course only one possibility. Is he sure he didn't land on something that may have bruised the "boys". My oldest son hit a curb while riding his bike (many years ago) and actually urinated blood. Doctor still checks him at physicals to make sure there was no permanent damage. Not fun for a 14 year old with a female doctor! LOL
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 5:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My son has complained about pain there after jumping a lot, like on a trampoline.... It wouldn't hurt to have the doctor check it, especially if anything looks funny, swollen or discolored in any way.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It's possible he herniated or twisted his testicle. You should probably go to you pediatric care provider

Agree.. this happened to my college roommate and the doctor said if he waited too long it could have to be removed. so don't hesitate to go to the dr. The fix was two little internal stiches to keep it from turning back. Dr. said if he had gone sooner it could have been manually turned back without the stiches. Hopefully nothing serious.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 8:39 PM on Aug. 10, 2009