Anyone else have irregular periods?

My periods are horribly irregular. I can get them anywhere from 50-14 days after one another. Anyone else in the same boat? Is there any way to regulate them other than birth control since I am TTC? I feel something is seriously wrong with me =( I can't get into the doctor for another 3 weeks so that is why I am asking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you've always had irregular periods, don't assume there's something wrong. It's when things change that it's an indicator of something wrong. Check your family history and see the regularity/or not. There are 5 girls in my family. NONE of us were regular, nor my mother. We have a boatload of kids between us, so it certainly didn't create a problem. We all had the same doctors, so they knew our history, and didn't blink an eye.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes, I had the most irregular periods of ALL time.
    Before I was pregnant with my son... I hadn't had one since I was 17 - I got pregnant at 20 - with a year and a half of unprotected sex.
    I was told I had PCOS - which is poly cystic ovarian syndrome - and it was actually going to be incredibly difficult for me to get pregnant, 4-5 doctors actually told me I would need to do IVF to even stand a chance.
    Well, after my son, I started having my period July 07 (he was born in June) - and every other month afterwards - however, my January period never came... and it never did until I found out I was pregnant August 1. So... if I go by the previous - my missed period was July 23.
    ANYWHO! xD Don't feel discouraged, I had a pregnancy without a period! Both times around. The only thing I can suggest to you is go ahead and get one of those Fertility Monitors - they worked great for my best friend. Otherwise. Relax, have fun!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2009