Still has fever

my dd has an ear infection and has had a fever since Thursday the lowest being 101.1 she's on an antibiotic but it don't seem like its working all she wants to do is sleep, I know she's sick and rest is good but I've watched my little girl play peek-a-boo with a fever of 104, and the day she had her tubes in, anyhow what I want to know is it normal for her temp and behavior to be like this? The only time she's had a fever like this is after her Febrile seizure

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 5:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• It's definitely not good for her to be having a fever since Thursday. :[
    It could be that there's an infection in the tubes... if she's not eating either or unable to keep fluids down or just doesn't have any interest - I would definitely call your doctor ASAP.
    And give her some ice pops or something, don't want her to get dehydrated. Poor girl. :[
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Most ear infections are viral and not bacterial so the antibiotic is most likely not doing anything any way. they give you the antibiotics to treat you not the kids. You feel better giving it and the doctor doesn't have to tell you to give Tylenol and let it run it's course, keep it dry. If it is persisting you need to call the doc for a recheck to see if she has a secondary infection somewhere else. How is her nose? throat? eyes?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Aug. 10, 2009