Christians- how do you define worship?

I thought it would be interesting to see what other Christians think worship is? So tell me how you define worship and then give me a practical example of how it "looks" How your definition applies to both church and the "real world".

To those of other faith groups I'm also posting a question for you about how you worship. I would love to learn about your expressions of faith as well. But I think it will be a little easier to understand if we separate it into two questions. Please allow Christians the freedom to express their faith without argument or attack. I have asked the same of them in the question I posted for you.

teamquinn

Asked by teamquinn at 6:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Worship is surrendering to God, Praising him for what he has done. Loving him thanking him! When you are in real worship what ppl think and see dont matter and you can jump, hands up to the sky, laying prostrate. Worship is just letting God know that you Love him so much and you need him to keep livin
    waytruthlife

Answer by waytruthlife at 6:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My very existence is worship to him. I try to take time throughout the day to converse with him, thank him and take notice of his interventions in my daily life. I worship God by helping others and doing what I can for anyone in need. When I come to the aid of others, I literally come to the aid of God. I also worship him by reading the Bible and praying.

Sunday is my special chosen day of observance for corporate worship. We sing, we read from the Old and New Testaments, hear a message, hear praises and prayer requests and have a time of corporate prayer. I particularly believe that corporate worship should have order to it and as little distraction and confusion as possible. I think it is a time for us to edify each other and listen to someone wiser and much more learned in the Bible give his teaching as God leads and then the congregation to take it to their homes and hearts for the Holy Spirit to impart wisdom.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i agree with november love and waytruthlove
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I agree with the above. Here is the definition of worship from CARM. I thought it was good, and it includes verses too.

"The obligation of God's creation to give to Him all honor, praise, adoration, and glory due Him because He is the holy and divine creator. Worship is to be given to God only (Exodus 20:3; Matt. 4:10). Jesus, being God in flesh (John 1:1,14 ; Col. 2:9), was worshipped (Matt. 2:2,11; 14:33; John 9:35-38; Heb. 1:6)."

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 9:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• We were created to Worship and how I worship is in praise, in prayer and in song. I love to give Him glory and honor that is due to His Holy Name! I love to give Him adoration especially since I am so in love with the Lover of My Soul, Jesus the Bride groom! :-)

Tithing is form of worship, singing to Him is worship, praying to Him is worship and just talking to Him, sharing your heart is worship... anything you do for Him is Worship!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Full surrender and all to Jesus the Savior.
    A beautiful and wonderful experience to be with the in communion with The Lord.
    Yes, I have many times been on the floor and in deep worship with Him.
    Nothing better than a group of women worshipping God in one accord also.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 10:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Worship is giving your heart to God and professing that he is greater than you and you adore him.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I agree with all that has been said. To sum it up, the most true form of worship is trust and obedience.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:14 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• Last night I was putting my dd to sleep and I was thinking about this question. I remembered that one time a friend of ours told us that worship is like kissing the face of God. I always liked that idea.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:34 PM on Aug. 11, 2009