Online College Classes

I have never taken an online class before and in Jan. I will be taking word excel and powerpoint. Is it hard or complicated? Maybe I should just take it on campus what do you think?

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 6:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in

• I do primarily online-only classes. It's just easier for me. You have to be disciplined enough to actually do the work, and on time, but it's really nice to get to 'know' your class on the Blackboard or whatever your school's system is called, because you can all help each other.
    Generally speaking, the class isn't going to be easier or harder. I find it less boring to read the material than to sit through a lecture, and so learn more.
    By the way, both Excel and Powerpoint are super user-friendly. Don't worry.
    grainneferguson

Answer by grainneferguson at 1:22 AM on Aug. 12, 2009

• You local community college will likely have Microsoft certification classes; they will be fairly inexpensive and, unlike the for-profit school (like U of Phoenix), they exist to educate, not earn money for their shareholders.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2009