what do u do with canned salmon?

I was going to do my moms recipe (fried patties in butter, drowned to death in mushroom soup) but I only eat like that alone, I wont serve it to my kids... what's a good recipe that's still nummy but doesn't reek of trans fat and sodium?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I'm afraid that this may have a lot of sodium, unless you make it from scratch yourself, but I've found on days I'm tired that I use a box of potatoes au gratin and a can of salmon and maybe a can of peas or some frozen vegetables and put together for a quick meal.

Answer by Bmat at 6:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• damn.. lol.. that sounds so good! i am adding that to the list of stuff i make when my husband and i eat alone
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• salmon patties, sooooo good. The recipe is usually on the back of the package.
    RomansMom25

Answer by RomansMom25 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• anything you do with canned tuna...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:54 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• We take the canned Salmon add 1 egg, 1 can of cream corn, and crackers. Make patties and fry them in a little olive oil until brown...I never thougt I would like it but I do.
    DeeG13

Answer by DeeG13 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Low Fat Salmon Patties

*

1 (16 ounce) can pink salmon
    * 4 egg whites
    * 1 cup panko
    * 1/2 cup diced green pepper
    * 1/2 cup diced red onion
    * 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 1/2 teaspoon paprika
    * 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
    * 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
    * 1/2 cup panko or bread crumbs, to coat patties

Empty salmon into bowl and crush bones. Mix all ingredients except panko together and form 6 patties. Coat both sides of each patty with panko. Fry in a pan sprayed with olive oil or canola oil spray until lightly browned on both sides.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I just pan-fry the salmon in its own juices, then mix the cooked salmon in a bowl with some old bay seasoning & bread crumbs of choice (we use rice bread crumbs b/c of food allergies) to a "sticky" consistency. Then I make a smallish meatball, squish it flat (silver dollar sized) & pop it back into the hot pan (still no added oil or other fat, just use the salmon's own oil) and brown them up a bit.

My son eats these little salmon cakes faster than I can cook them! They keep well in the refrigerator and taste good hot or cold.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My dad makes salmon loaf. I find any seafood nasty, so I don't even use it. I think he just uses seasonings, an egg, breadcrumbs and put in a loafpan and bake. Google salmon recipes or check out the foodnetwork website and see what is on there.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i just donate them. im scared to eat them personally.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 AM on Aug. 10, 2009