Some mom said you can ept test yourself 7-10 days after you've had sex to see if your pregnant, but the pregnancy tests say the earliest you can test is 5 days before your expected period?

I'm sure this mom has done this herself or knew someone who did,I'm sure she didn't make it up and it worked for her,so why haven't these ept test figured that out and can you test yourself that early without waiting 5 days for your period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It depends on how long your cycle is...the test is picking up a pregnancy hormone, so if you get a lot of it early you may see your positive. However, it wouldn't be accurate for a negative until your missed period.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• You might want to ask this question in the pregnancy section...not the politics section!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Thanks I forgot about that area,I've been asking alot of questions in the health dept. and wanted to spread my wings into new territory,to see what you could bring to the table.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• In a way it's kinda like current events,it's a subject all moms want to know about,those who want more children, it's interesting and informative.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Some mom said, she waited 3 days and got a fainted positve sign.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• the only way it's a curent event is if it has to do with wic/welfare/section 8 housing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My periods have never been regular. When I was TTC, I would wait 2 weeks after sex to test.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 7:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Just wait the extra couple of days.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Since the average time to start your period is 14 days after ovulation (this has nothing to do with a 28 day cycle though, since not everyone ovulates on day #14), then 5 days before your missed period would be 9 DPO, which makes sense. I got a positive at 10 DPO with my last.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• This question belongs in the prego section, and 2 answer ur question, it depends on ur cycle and it is better 2 wait until u have actually missed ur period, u'll have a better chance of the test being accurate
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009