Does anyone us the Elimination Communication method?

and if so, has it worked well for you, or no? Any tips? What were your little one's signals? I want to start trying this with my daughter. I think it would be a great bonding experience and would be far more comfortable than leaving her to poop and pee on herself in a diaper.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I call it parent training. Search the groups, I am sure that there is one that supports EC

Answer by rkoloms at 6:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I think the best time to do this is in the morning. They usually have to pee right when they wake up so it makes it a very opportune time to try. I just hold them over the potty and do the pssh sound and he goes. My girl was done with diapers before she was 2. I think it helps to cloth diaper as well if you are going to try elimination communication because they feel the wetness and realize what they did. My little guy is 17 months now and can just tell when he has to poo, he will stand somewhere and obviously be trying, so I show him the potty and he can usually go on it. It is more difficult when you are out but cloth diapers have really gotten great lately, I love Lucys Hope Chest diapers myself. I also have a pad on the bed for nighttime. I bought it online from a birth supply store, it's one of the big cloth pads they have on the hospital bed when you are giving birth and they are very absorbent and washable. :)
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 7:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I've never heard of that but I potty-trained my daughter in 3 days when she was 20 months old using the 3 Day Potty Training method.

Teaching your child to tell you at this age is also "parent training" in my book.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2009