Ears pierced?

How old can your baby be when you get her ears pierced? I forgot to ask my dr the last time I was in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not sure. My Mom pierced mine when I was 3 days old. She also pierced my daughter's when she was 3 days old too. Her Dr. noticed and never said anything. He said boys get circumcised girls can get their ears peirced. Although I think you have to wait until after the 2 month shots if you take her to the mall or something like that. Don't quote me on that though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I waited til 2 months with my dd. Mine were done at 3 days old.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I had my daughters done when she was 4 months old. It went really fast and she only cried for a split second. I don't know if there is a recommended age, I just wanted to get it done and have them healed while she was an infant so she wouldn't mess with them. I had it done at Claire's and they didn't have any issues with her being a baby.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I got my little girls done after her first shots. i think u should wait that long just to be safe. but it is really your decision. she also only cried for a sec and did not think about them again until she was 10 months.
    MrsDWhite

Answer by MrsDWhite at 7:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• there supposed to be at least 3months but i have herd of moms doing it as young as a week(way to young)
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2009