who should pay?

I baby sit 2 kids ages 10 and 11 and also have a 2 year old daughter. Tomorrow I wanted t take them to a public pool but the pool admission is $4 per child. I only make 150 a week for both children and watc them about 30 hours a week. So should I ask their mom to bring money for them to go to the pool tomorrow?

KaireasMommy

Asked by KaireasMommy at 6:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think so but I suppose it depends. Do you provide snacks and all that stuff? I think since it is you who is wating to take them to the pool you should ask the mom to provide the money but if she says she cant or whatever then decide if you still want to take them. Its not like you have agreed to pay for everyone or your asking for like 30 bucks a child. She should be happy to pay and that her kids are getting out and doing something.
    cinemagirl823

Answer by cinemagirl823 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Well, if it's your idea then you should pay for it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I agree. Since you brought it up, you should pay for it.
    If they offer to reimburse you, I wouldn't refuse it though.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 7:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i think about it like this: when they go on feild trips at school i am sure they ask her for a fee and maybe a lunch. Your trip to the pool sound like a feild trip to me. and also when the school has trips it is the schools idea right! well to all of you who say your idea so you pay, do you ask your childs school or daycare to pay for their trips?!
    MrsDWhite

Answer by MrsDWhite at 7:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• What if they say no, will you still go?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I like the field trip idea. Let mom know that you guys are planning a field trip to the pool and it costs $4 per child and they need to bring cash, swimsuits and towels. :)
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Your idea, you pay. You have to have her permission to take them in the first place, though. When you ask her if you can take them, she may offer to pay. If not...YOU pay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Your idea, your treat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes, you can act. If they were in day care and went on a field trip, the parent would have to pay for the trip and spending money. Get written permission from the parents too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• yeah my sitter did but i think she exagerated teh cost so i left her. she would charge gas too, then she started charging gas and calling trips to her mother;s house a field trip that i had to pay for, be careful, ask her if she wants to pay and let you take teh kids, leave it up to her but yes it is customary for the mom to pay.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2009