Anyone see my point?

Or am I totally out of line?I had my sons first bday yesterday at a party room up the room.I made cakes wingds bread not to mention the party bags and pictures for the adults..my house was trashed anywho my husbands gma asked to see our place because she had never been there and I was very upset because it was totally trashed.She returned and said dont bother picking up toys they are just going to pull them back out,which to me was her way of saying it looked like shit which I told her before she left!

Chrystal_A

Asked by Chrystal_A at 6:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Holidays

• Honey I would care less, you were entertaining kids and giving a birthday party, not your fault she came to see the house during this celebration. we all know as moms that it can be hard to keep a house intact during a birthday party. Let it go, forget about how she may feel about your home.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 12, 2009

• I think she just tried to be nice...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 7:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I think after I explained I had been cooking all day and not keeping up with my house it would of been nice to say Ill come back another day then.
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 7:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• What was her tone when she said it? Condescending? She's a grandma, I'm sure she knows that kids and messes go hand in hand. I've had people say the same sort of thing to me...."Don't worry about your house. With five kids I don't expect it to be clean," and I know how frustrating it is.

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE COME OVER WHEN THE HOUSE IS CLEAN???? lol
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• if she is coming over to see your house, then she doesn't need to come back regardless of her tone or intentions. if she is coming over to see you she shouldn't care about what your house looks like.
    let whatever she said roll off like water, it's not important. you know how you want your house and for the most part it is how you want it when you're not busy. so what, let people think what they want. i wouldn't go so far as to explain anything about my house looking tidy or sloppy, it is what it is and that's all there is to it whether someone else is happy with it or not. let it go.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:15 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• You should have kept your mouth shut. You can not change her opinion and you only made it worse by talking back. Maybe she did not mean it in a bad way.

You could always try to invite her over when the house is clean and see her reaction then.
    However, if she says anything about it being better don't take that as a backhanded slap again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• Anon 2:25:I should of smiled and said yes go see my house!Because if thats the case she would think thats how it looked all the time,right?
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 3:17 PM on Aug. 11, 2009

• I don't think she was saying your place looked like shit. I think she was saying your place looked like you just threw a party.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2009