outdoor wedding ceremony, indoor reception, decoration help

i need help decorating a outdoor ceremony, indoor reception. the cheapest you can think of would be great, we are broke lol. alright ladies, gimme your best ideas!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I had an outdoor ceremony and reception at the same place (my grandparents have a beautiful yard) I would suggest doing this if you can. We got really creative with table placement so we didn't have to move them from ceremony to reception (message me if you want to know how).. Anyway we got a trellace (spelling) to stand under from Micheal's for 20$. We strung tulle through it. It was really pretty. We made our own centerpieces with vases that had clear rocks and flowers in them (super cheap). I made our invitations. You can buy the kits and print them out. Some are cheesy so be careful, but ours ended up looking really nice. I even got them on clearance (5$ a box). Check out Micheal's or AC Moore, its the end of the season and they ALWAYS have sales. Also, Walmart has a lot of wedding stuff on clearance all the time (for favors and things). Good luck, I'll keep thinking.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• white christmas light go a long way! and can look very classy! also for centerpeices we got glass containers from walmart they were $1 and got some stones and put a small white candle very classy and natural I probably only spent $500 on my entire wedding if was tough,I got my $700.00 wedding dress brand new on ebay for $99 also look at craigslist lots of people sell their wedding stuff on there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• we did a backyard wedding. There was a trellis arch in the yard that we used for the ceremony. We got the chairs and long tables from work. We put table clothes on the tables and bought some aisle paper for the bride to walk on. That was it for decorations for us and it was beautiful. We had the reception outside. We had a caked baked at Winn Dixie (half what the local bakery wanted and it was fabulous). We had the grocery florist do the flowers a lot cheaper than an indpendent florist. Some family members pitched in on the food and it was set out buffet style. It was cheap and still great.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• WE HAD A TRELLIS COVERED IN LIGHTS AND WHITE BALLOONS, WE HAD A PIECE OF RED CARPET, MARKING THE PATH, CHAIRS ON EITHER SIDE WITH TIN BUCKEST WITH WHITE AND RED CARNATIONS DEPENDING ON YOUR BUDGET, THEY WERE HUNG WITH PRETTY RIBBONS FROM THE INSIDE CHAIR ON EACH AISLE. AFTER THE CEREMONY THE SAME BUCKETS WERE USED IN THE TABLES AS DECORATIONS. MY DAUGHTER AND HER PARTNER LOVED BUDDAS SO WE GOT AS GIFTS FOR EVERYONE BUDDAS WITH INSIDE A MINI CHINESE TAKE OUT FOOD CONTAINER ENGRAVED WITH THE DATE OF THE WEDDING. AND THEIR NAMES. I HIRED A LOCAL PARTY PLACE RENTAL AND I GOT EVERYTHING NEEDED FOR DINNER, PLATES, UTENSILS, NAPKINS, WARMING PLATES, GLASSES, ETC. INCLUDING THE HELP OF A WAITRESS FOR THE 3 HOURS FOR AN EXTRA 100, TOTAL EXPENSE IN THE RENTED STUFF WAS LESS THAN 2,000.

Answer by older at 7:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2009