what are the details on a C-section???

this is my first baby and I was thinking about getting a c-section...can you feel it when they cut you open???do you get left over scars???and is it better to do it this way instead of vaginaly?? Just wanted to see what you ladies have expeirenced...

skin172

Asked by skin172 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i didnt know you could pick which way you want to do it... i had a c-section. i didnt feel pain when they cut me open, it just felt like a lot of pressure and pulling and i was nauses and felt like i might throw up and i was shaking and shivering really bad. it felt like it took maybe 15 minutes and then they gave me medicine to stop the shaking and it stopped right away. i was in probably the worst pain of my life for the next two weeks. it hurt to do everything. i could barley move for the first week. they gave me percs though.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Ummm....I had 2 c-sections and I don't believe any doctor ever gave me the option to say I wanted one. Docors want you to deliver vaginally if possible. C-sections are more dangerous. I had to have them. I do have one scar that is not seen with a bathing suit on. My first one honestly hurt like hell but my epideral was givin 9 hours before I had the c-section so it wasn't working so well anymore. My second one was a planned c-section and it was AWESOME!!! My daughter was already out before I knew I was even cut yet. Now, it also depends on your tolerance for drugs. I have a very, very, very high tolerance due to my partying teen years so I can remember ever bit of my c-sections. My sister, cousin, and friend don't reemeber much of anything including the first time they saw their children. So, that's something to think about as well. Oh, I also think recovery is crappy but you have stiches in your tummy rather than your crotch.
    girlsmomma06

Answer by girlsmomma06 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Your so drugged up.......a curtain seperates you and reality.......
    your body parts are removed and then placed back.....(did not feel a thing!)
    after all is done the baby is place on your chest...........
    I had 2 C's and everything was fine......After the first I thought
    I would try natural BUT when I felt the contractions I asked to get another C!
    My scar is so low and small I can even still where a binki..GO Figure!
    NOV1999

Answer by NOV1999 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• if they're giving you the option, go vaginal. it's safer, natural, less recovery, far less risks. i've had both and i'd have 10 vaginals anyday than a c-section.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• oh yeah and i forgot to mention my doctor fucked up my cut ... something with the skin, it sticks out like its swollen forever unless i get plastic surgery to fix it
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• oh, believe it or not a vaginal birth is less painful, too. afterwards, generally speaking. like the pp said i was in the worst pain of my life after my c-section, and it's a pain i remember where i do not remember the pain of pushing a baby out.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i had a c-section....i wasnt in alot of pain after my spinal wore off i didnt take anything for the pain...i didnt hurt bad enough to...i have a high tolerance for pain....so i told them no pain meds.....all i felt through the all process of the operation was like something was sitting on my upper stomach and the some tugging other than that nothing...the pain afterwards for me was like my incision was tearing(it wasnt) but it felt that way.....i was walking around that night and the next day when they took my catheter i was on the move.....but thats me and my experience....i had a good one(other than fact that son was in NICU) the c-section wasnt bad

Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i am always shocked to hear someone say they might *want* a c-section. it's major surgery. i had my son vaginally and it was painful but not nearly as painful as everyone acts, but that was just my experience. then i was sore for 1 week. my friend had a c-section and she was sore for weeks, got an infection in the incision, and had to carry a little baggy with a thing that sucked out the puss with her. :P she would have to go to the dr and they would poke a q-tip in there and it would hurt SOOO bad. i know stuff can go wrong both ways, but it's a lot more likely with a c-section so i would always go naturally if at all possible. congrats on your pregnancy!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I have no scar they gave me a cream to make it disappear. i was awake during the c-section it was neat having some one play in your insides. the pain meds had me up @ 8am the next morning walking to the nursery. my doctor couldn't belive that i was up that soon. my kids need thier mom. easiest thing to get over.
    Ashlee0323

Answer by Ashlee0323 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I am very surprised to hear you might consider having Major Abdominal Surgery. They cut through muscle, that's serious stuff.

Believe it or not, there are benefit for the baby coming through the birth canal. I wrote a research paper in Microbiology about it.

charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2009