Anyone ever got caught by the red light camera and got a ticket in the mail?

Supposedly hubby got one a few weeks ago. Of course it was 9 pm and the picture not very clear. It looks to me like he was in the middle of a left turn, which is legal if you started when it was green. I tried pulling up the website of this private company: www.photonotice.com to view the video and server cannot be found. have tried google, Bing Yahoo. anyone else ever deal with this company and can give me a current phone # or website. I have requested a hearing with the city, but I do want to make sure he is truly innocent before I waste everyone's time. He does have a less then stellar driving record as it is, Bad thing is , it was my car and I am still legally responsible unless I sold it.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 7:13 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Where im from your not legally obligated to pay those and they dnt go on ur driving record. Hubby has gotten 3 and never paid them. They dnt show up neither.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• in Chicago, there is no way to fight the camera tickets. Some of the cameras bring in $60,000 month for the city. you should be able to view the violation online.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• They just installed 8 camera lights in my town.. in the past month is has brought in over $500,000.!!!!! I have not been caught yet. They will even get you if you slowly cruise over the line on a right turn.

If they're making that much money with 8 lights.. they should put them everywhere!

$125.00 for first 2 offenses.... $225.00 for third and up.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Check the news web sites in your state (town) and see what they are saying about the cameras. I suggest this because here in AZ, 50% of people don't pay them, just ignore them. Those 50% have to go to court BUT....the courts are so backlogged with BOGUS camera tickets, they are throwing the majority of the tickets out because they simply don't have the time money or resources to "prosecute" every ticket these stupid cameras are generating. Good luck with this. Oh! I suggested the news channel web sites because that is where I found the info I just told you about.
    Kristin21

Answer by Kristin21 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I am very upset when it comes to this issue. I dont think these lights are fair. My husband was driving my truck and my truck got a ticket. I have no way of controlling my husband's speeding. I have had several people tell me I am responsible for someone driving my car. Now my husband refuses to pay this ticket. So I turned him in and I will know in a couple of weeks if I still got a place to live.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Aug. 11, 2009