Does the 2001 Ford Expedition have a latch system?

I just got one today, and can't find the latch for my sons car seat, and the seat belt won't reach around the true fit!!!!

Chick

Asked by Chick at 7:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Travel

• I have an 01 navigator which is just about the same vehicle but an upscale version of it and I do have the latches. I couldnt get the seat belt around it either. The latches were there, but the belt wasnt long enough. We do have the anchors though. I had to ask a question in the carseat saftey group to get an answer. I believe they told me that I could use the latch or I could use the seatbelt and the anchor but I didnt need both. Thats been awhile ago though, so I hope I am correct. Go to the carseat safety group, explain what kind of carseat you have and see if they can help. Good luck and congrats on your new vehicle. I love my truck!!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• In 2001 I think all they required were anchors. That's what my focus has. I think it was a couple years later when the full latch system was required.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 8:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2009