What time does your 2 year old go down for the night?

How many naps does he/she take? How long? What do you? My son is a terrible sleeper, not a good napper. Any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter has her bedtime at 8 p.m. since she is 8 weeks old. You can set the clock by her, at 7.55 every evening she will go to her room and get her pajamas.
    She will nap once during the day, right after lunch for 1 to 2 hours!

Just stay constant, it maybe will be drama for a few days!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 7:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My 2 and a half year old goes down at 9 o'clock. We are not strict about bed time. sometimes 9:15-9:30. All depends on how much of a nap he took too.
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 7:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My son wakes up at 9 am , takes a 2 hr nap at 2pm and goes to bed at 7 pm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It depends on the day, and the activities... Last night he went to bed shortly before 8pm, and I woke him up at 8am. After church he took an hour nap. Somedays he doesn't nap. He'll go to bed anywhere from 7:30-9:30pm (depending on if he napped or not) and will sleep anywhere from 10-13 hour a night... When he gets tired, he'll get jammies from his drawel, bring them to me, and then he'll lay down anywhere and go to sleep...
    You must be consistent.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 7:34 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• MY DD HAS SUPPER AT 7 TILL 7 ;15 THEN PLAY/BATH TILL 7;40 THEN SHE GOES LAY IN HER BED AND WATCH KIPPER AND PAJAMINALS TILL 8 THEN USUALLY CRASHES RIGHT AFTER!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I wake him at 7am, 12:45 is nap, 7pm sharp bed he falls asleep in 10-15 minutes (the time it takes to read Love you forever by Robert Munsch) My son has a strict schedule, he thrives on it, has a terrible time when it is messed with.
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 7:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• my kids are in bed @ 8:00pm lights out go to bed, the hospital in the nicu put them on the wonderful schedule. bless the nicu
    Ashlee0323

Answer by Ashlee0323 at 8:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• We recently stopped putting my dd down for naps because she was having a hard time falling asleep at night, and she was waking up way too early in the morning. Her bedtime is around 8:00, sometimes (like tonight) we put her to bed a little earlier if we know she's really tired, and other nights (usually if we are out) she goes to bed a little later, but over all her bed time is 8pm and, since taking away nap time, she usually wakes up around 7am.

0Jenna0

Answer by 0Jenna0 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• we stopped naps because he wouldnt go to sleep till 10 pm, and thats not okay to me. now its between 7:30 and 8 pm, he sleeps till 8-9 am
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 9:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My son was 2 in April. I find that if he takes long naps (i.e. 2 hrs), I can't get him to sleep before 9. Since he can't quite make it t hrough the day without any nap (at least not happily), I try to aim for 45 minutes of nap. TYpical schedule is to be awake between 7:30 and 8, nap around 1 then asleep by 8. We usually go up to read around 7:45, then rock a few minutes before putting him into his bed. Having a set bedtime routine helps. You might try reading Elizabeth's Pantley's "No Cry Sleep Solution for TOdders and Preschoolers". I think she has some useful ideas and it can help you better understand your child's sleep overall.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2009